IkerSpot Products News Emails more ? Blog Books Documents Photos
Home | Blog

Product reviews of an irregular nature.

6.02.2007

Blue Streak

Martin Lawrence is a crackup in this film about a jewel thief named Logan. He managed to hide a stolen jewel in a building moments before being captured and put in prison. After being released from jail, he finds out that the building has been remodeled as a police station.

Rated PG-13 primarily for language, Martin cuts down on the language in comparison with other films, presenting a slightly more family-friendly film. It's suitable for teens and older.

Parental Concerns

In our society, we pay too little attention to ratings and suppose that our children have the same level of perceptivity we seem to have. In reality, the youth of our nation are struggling because parents haven't taken responsibility for teaching their children. Public education is more than a right. It is a privilege and it is there to help parents, not to replace them. We need to start discussing films with our children instead of zoning out and paying little heed to whatever ideas a film might put into a child's mind - good or bad.

Even though I have no children of my own, I have been a child and I have parents. I am most thankful that they did not leave me to fend for myself where films are concerned. They kindly set aside a moment after each film to discuss different aspects of it: what is real and what is fake, how to apply it to life. My parents aren't perfect by any means, but I think more people with children in their homes could learn by their example in this aspect of life.

No comments:

Copyright © 2007 Isaac Tanner Madsen